Wednesday, January 9, 2013

HEARTS IN DARKNESS BY LAURA KAYE


Synopsis
Makenna James thinks her day can't get any worse, until she finds herself stuck in a pitch-black elevator with a complete stranger. Distracted by a phone call and juggling too much stuff, the pin-striped accountant caught only a glimpse of a dragon tattoo on his hand before the lights went out.

Caden Grayson is amused when a redhead literally falls at his feet. His amusement turns to panic when the power fails. Despite his piercings, tats, and vicious scar, he's terrified of the dark and confined spaces. Now, he's trapped in his own worst nightmare.

To fight fear, they must both reach out and open up. With no preconceived notions based on looks to hold them back, they discover just how much they have in common. In the warming darkness, attraction grows and sparks fly, but will they feel the same when the lights come back on? 

Summary
Caden Grayson holds the elevator to let a pretty redhead, who obviously had a very bad day, stormed inside. As soon as the doors close, darkness falls on them. Stuck for hours, they will learn to discover and appreciate each other without preconceptions until the light returns. But in daylight, can they keep the same open-mindedness?

Reactions
Who has never dreamed of being stuck in an elevator with a handsome guy? 

Me for sure! 
I would go ballistic thinking about my last hours coming deprived of oxygen (I know I have a vivid imagination). 
I would also be distressed not to be able to go to the restroom and that would keep me really nervous. 
Excuse me to be a little down to earth but the call of nature seems to be blind even in front of a power failure especially if it lasts for hours... 
So I was impressed by the author who manages to ignore such details for a long time to focus on the romantic part.

Quite honestly, I think after I would have broken my voice calling for help to let me out, I might have asked God to be saved by Superman but certainly not tempted to succumb to the charms of a stranger. (Of course, this is my very pragmatic side... )

That is why the fantasy of this story amused me. I would say that it was so far removed from me that it allowed my imagination to take off! 

So I enjoyed this fun and very cute romance. No sarcasm in my tone ... I find this story really adorable. 
And of course, there is a happy ending to please the hopeless romantic.
The acceptance of others and their differences is also beautifully presented.


A nice book, well written entertaining that makes you spend a good time in a place not usually really sexy! 

I just wonder how it would have turned for the heroin if she had been locked with a paunchy smelling sweat guy... LOL!


Sentences

"He didn't like the feeling of burdening others with his baggage. Sometimes distance was easier than acting, or explaining."

"His quick breath and throaty groans sounded out a language her body understood, responded to, and needed to hear again and again."


HEARTS IN DARKNESS BY LAURA KAYE


Traduction du synopsis
Makenna James pense que son jour ne peut pas être pire, jusqu'à ce qu'elle se retrouve coincée dans le noir, dans un ascenseur en panne, avec un parfait inconnu.

Distraite par un appel téléphonique et occupée à jongler avec trop de choses, la comptable en costume rayé n'a pu jeté qu'un coup d'œil au tatouage de dragon sur la main de l'inconnu avant que les lumières ne s'éteignent.



Caden Grayson est amusé lorsqu'une rousse tombe littéralement à ses pieds. Son amusement tourne à la panique lorsque le courant s'éteint. En dépit de ses piercings, ses tatouages​​ et ses vicieuses cicatrices, il est terrifié par les espaces sombres et confinés. Maintenant, il est piégé dans son pire cauchemar. 

Pour lutter contre la peur, ils doivent se tendre la main et s'ouvrir. Sans idées préconçues basées sur l'apparence pour les retenir, ils découvrent à quel point ils ont des choses en commun. 

Dans la chaleur de l'obscurité, l'attraction se développe et des étincelles jaillissent mais ressentiront-ils la même chose quand les lumières se rallumeront ​​?

Résumé
Caden Grayson retient l'ascenseur pour laisser débouler une jolie rousse qui a visiblement passé une mauvaise journée. A peine les portes se ferment-elles, que l'obscurité s'abat sur eux. Coincés pendant de longues heures, ils vont apprendre à se découvrir et à s'apprécier sans idées préconçues jusqu'à ce que la lumière revienne. Au grand jour parviendront-ils à garder la même ouverture d'esprit ? 

Impressions
Qui n'a jamais rêvé d'être coincé dans un ascenseur avec un beau mec ?
Moi! 

Je suis une flippée dont la première angoisse aurait été de mourir privée d'oxygène (je sais j'ai une imagination débordante). Ensuite, je me serais angoissée de ne pas pouvoir aller aux toilettes. 
Excusez-moi mon côté terre à terre mais l'appel de la nature n'en a que faire d'une panne d'ascenseur surtout si elle dure des heures... 

J'ai donc été impressionnée par l'auteur qui parvient à passer outre ce genre de détails pour se concentrer sur l'aspect romantique. L'acceptation de l'autre et de ses différences est également joliment présenté.


Très honnêtement, je crois qu'après m'être cassée la voix à appeler les secours pour qu'on me laisse sortir, j'aurais peut-être prié le Bon Dieu d'être sauvée par Superman mais certainement pas tenté de succomber aux charmes d'un inconnu. 
(C'est mon côté très pragmatique.) 

Voilà pourquoi la fantaisie de ce récit m'a amusé. Je dirais même que c'était tellement à mille lieues de moi que ça a permis à mon imaginaire de prendre le large!

J'ai donc apprécié cette romance amusante et très mignonne. Pas de sarcasme dans mon ton,  j
'ai vraiment trouve cette histoire adorable. 
Et bien entendu, il fallait un happy end sinon cela n'aurait pas rempli son rôle de romance romantique. 

Un livre sympa, distrayant bien écrit qui vous fait passer un bon moment dans un endroit habituellement pas vraiment sexy! 

Je me demande juste comment cela aurait tourné pour l'héroïne si elle était restée enfermée avec un vieux bedonnant sentant la transpiration...
Rires!



3 comments:

  1. I think I'd panic too, those things are only cool and romantic on paper or on screen but in real life I think I'd faint way before I manage to make a romantic connection with the dude, handsome or not.

    But I'm a sucker for stories like this so I'd probably enjoy it just like you did.

    Braine @Talk Supe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great excerpt. I want to hear Makenna's story also!
    I love dialog in the dark. In fact, I had some of this in my 6th novel ms. Not an elevator, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caribou,
      Thanks for stopping by. I haven't find anything on your site about books...Which guide are you ?

      Delete

Blog Archive