Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A PASSION FOR HIM BY SYLVIA DAY


GEORGIAN SERIES
VOL 3 


Synopsis
Stranger
He wears a mask…and he is following her. Staring at her like no other man since Colin. But Colin is dead and Amelia believes she will never again shiver with pleasure, never again sigh his name.

Lover
Until her masked pursuer lures her into a moonlit garden and a single, reckless kiss. Now she is obsessed with discovering his identity. Perfectly attuned to his every desire, his every thought, she will not stop until she knows his every secret. 

Summary 
Amelia lost her first love and since his death, she has never been able to forget him. Until the day she meets a man who disturbs her at a masquerade ball. Intrigued by this masqued stranger, she can not control her desire to know who he is ... 

Reactions 
By starting this book, I did not notice it was a series and that two volumes have already been published previously. However, this did not disturb my reading more than that because I have to admit the plot is rather simple and easy to follow.


I admit I was interested by the synopsis and by the fact that Sylvia Day has succeed in captivated me with Gideon Cross in "Bared to you."
Even if the two romances can not be compared, I wanted to see if the author's style would touch me and if the magic would operate in this historical romance. 

Unfortunately, I found the story a bit flat. The plot is light without much suspense. 
As for the characters, they are good but not memorable. I even found myself saying that I would gladly read the volume 2 to receive more information on Lady Winter and her pirate than being really captivated by Amelia and Colin. 

Nothing to say except that I spent a relaxing time with some passages that I read diagonally because I thought there is some lengths. I have also found similarities with the series "The Hathaways" by Lisa Kleypas. Even if I have to admit that I was really excited about Amelia and her gypsie lover: Cam Rohan while it has not been the case with this story. 

However, the novel is nice and readable.


Sentences 

From Amelia: "It seems almost as if I walked through life wearing a veil. Only when I am with you do I see the world in all its many colors."

From Amelia: "Do not wait until life meets some inner criteria to seize the day," she whispered. "I have learned that sometimes tomorrow never comes."


A PASSION FOR HIM BY SYLVIA DAY 
GEORGIAN SERIES 
VOL 3 

Traduction du synopsis
L'étranger
Il porte un masque ... et il la suit. La regardant fixement comme aucun autre homme depuis Colin. Mais Colin est mort et Amelia croit qu'elle ne pourra plus jamais frissonner de plaisir, ni jamais soupirer son nom. 

Amant
Jusqu'à ce que son poursuivant masqué l'entraîne dans un jardin au clair de lune et un baiser téméraire. Maintenant, elle est obsédée par la découverte de son identité. En parfaite harmonie avec tous ses désirs, toutes ses pensées, elle ne s'arrêtera pas avant de connaitre tous ses secrets.

Résumé
Amelia a perdu son premier amour et depuis sa mort, elle n'est jamais parvenue à l'oublier. Jusqu'au jour où elle croise un homme qui la trouble à un bal masqué. Intriguée par cet inconnu, dont elle ne peut voir le visage, elle ne peut contrôler son désir de savoir qui il est... 

Impressions 
En débutant ce livre, je n'avais pas fait attention qu'il s'agissait d'une série et que deux volumes avaient déjà été précédemment publiés. Cela n'a pas perturbé ma lecture plus que ça, je dois l'avouer, car l'intrigue est plutôt simple et facile à suivre.

J'avoue avoir été intéressée par le synopsis et par le fait que Sylvia Day m'avait captivé avec Gideon Cross dans "Bared to you".
Même si les deux romances ne peuvent pas se comparer, je voulais voir si le style de l'auteur allait me toucher et si la magie allait opérer dans cette romance historique. 

Malheureusement, j'ai trouvé l'histoire un peu plate. L'intrigue est légère, sans vraiment de suspense. Les personnages appréciables mais pas mémorables. Je me suis même retrouvée à me dire que je lirais bien le volume 2 pour en savoir davantage sur Lady Winter et son pirate. 

Donc rien à dire à part que j'ai passé un moment de détente avec certains passages lus en diagonale car je trouvais des longueurs. J'y ai trouvé aussi des similitudes avec la série "The Hathaways" de Lisa Kleypas mais j'avais vraiment été enthousiasmée par Amélia et le gypsie Cam Rohan alors que cela n'a pas du tout été le cas avec cette histoire. 

Cependant, le roman se laisse lire.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have not read anything by Sylvia Day but she is very famous for her novels. Romantic and erotic, alike. Although I am a huge fan of romance, I prefer the simple , young love rather than bed scenes.
    I don't know, I might try this series sometime.
    GREAT review, Lucie!
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive