Friday, October 12, 2012

MOBSTER'S GIRL BY AMY RACHIELE

Synopsis
Gripping my chest is the only way to hold myself together or what’s left of me will fall out. The past week has enlightened me on one thing-I don’t care. 
Megan, Mobster’s Girl

I didn’t even hesitate. I took two strides and blasted him in the face with my fist. He was ready for it this time-unlike in church. He tried to hit me back but I ducked and smashed him again. 
Antonio, Mobster’s Girl


You can’t help what family you’re born into or what lies they keep from you. You can’t help it if they mold and shape you just the way they wanted. Are monsters born or made? 

Antonio and Megan have a timeless issue. They were told to stay away from each other. They try, they really do. But they are drawn to each other.

Summary:
Antonio is the son of the mafia boss who control the city. Megan is a shy girl, preserved from the horrors of life by her parents. From a young age, they were kept away from each other. Adolescents, their parents forbidden them to socialize with each other. Yet, their last year of high school, things will change ...

Reactions:
Too short for my taste! 

I really liked the outcome. I did not expect at all the turnarounds and the hypocrisy full of good feelings that emanated from the adults of this story. I was amazed by the last lines that really made me want to continue my reading again and again. 
But no such luck, it was already over!  

Even if the characters are a bit "cliché" with the handsome son of the Mafia boss from New Jersey who spends lavishly for his beautiful girlfriend, the shy and frightened: Megan, I think the sequel would reveal some depth in the heroin. I imagine her well enough turning into a charcater like Uma Thurman in "Kill Bill"... an heroine who can kick the ass of bad guys.

Well built, easy to read, the novel began to get interesting when the last lines already arrived. So I was left unsatisfied even if I spent a great time, especially after I felt the story take a more tragic turn in the chaste love story similar to the one of Romeo and Juliet. 
I hope that Antonio and Megan will not finish like the two famous star-crossed lovers. 

 I'm a little hard ... Like always when I feel frustrated but I confess this beautiful story has potential. 
Verdict in « Awakening the Mobster ».

To be continued ...

Sentences

From Megan: "Deep down we both knew, no matter what, we belong together."

From Antonio: "The first monster she's ever loved is standing right in front of me. I'm a monster too. And she's used to loving monsters."


MOBSTER'S GIRL BY AMY RACHIELE 

Traduction du synopsis:
Maintenir fermement ma poitrine est la seule façon de me garder en un seul morceau ou ce qui reste de moi va s'écrouler en pièces. La semaine dernière m'a éclairé sur une chose: je m'en fous. 
Megan, Mobster’s Girl

Je n'ai même pas hésité. J'étais sur lui en deux enjambées et lui ait décroché mon poing au visage. Il s'y était préparé cette fois-ci, contrairement à la fois à l'église. Il a essayé de me frapper à son tour mais j'esquivai et le cognai à nouveau. 
Antonio, Mobster’s Girl
Vous ne pouvez pas choisir la famille dans laquelle vous êtes et vous ne pouvez pas empêcher les mensonges qu'ils vous cachent. Vous ne pouvez pas éviter qu'ils vous façonnent de la manière dont ils le désirent. 
D'ailleurs, les monstres naissent-ils ou sont-ils crées ? 

Antonio et Megan ont un problème intemporel. On leur a dit de rester à l'écart l'un de autre. Ils essaient, ils essaient vraiment. Mais ils sont attirés l'un vers l'autre... 

Résumé:
Antonio est le fils du mafieux qui contrôle la ville. Megan est une jeune fille timide, préservée des horreurs de la vie. Depuis leur plus jeune âge, on les avait tenu à l'écart l'un de l'autre. Adolescents, leurs parents leur avaient interdit de se fréquenter. Pourtant, leur dernière année de lycée, les choses vont changer...

Impressions:
Beaucoup trop court à mon goût! 

J'ai vraiment bien aimé le dénouement. Je ne m'attendais pas du tout à ce revirement de situation et à l'hypocrisie pleine de bons sentiments des adultes de cette histoire. J'ai été bluffé par les dernières lignes qui m'ont vraiment donné envie de poursuivre ma lecture. 
Pas de bol, c'était déjà la fin!
Même si les personnages font un peu cliché avec le beau gosse, fils du mafieux du New Jersey qui dépense sans compter pour la belle, timide effarouchée: Megan, je pense que la suite pourrait révéler de la profondeur chez l'héroïne. 
Je l'imagine bien se transformer en Uma Thurman dans "Kill Bill" et botter le cul aux méchants. 

Bien construit, agréable à lire, ce roman commençait à devenir intéressant lorsque déjà les dernières lignes sont arrivées. 
Je suis donc restée sur ma faim car je passais un très bon moment et que je sentais l'histoire prendre une tournure plus tragique que la très chaste histoire d'amour à la Roméo et Juliette. 
Espérons qu'Antonio et Megan ne fissent pas comme les deux amants maudits... 

Je suis un peu dure...Toujours quand je me sens frustrée mais j'avoue de cette belle histoire a du potentiel. J'espère bien ne pas me tromper dans « Awakening the Mobster ».
A suivre...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive