Saturday, March 17, 2012

ETERNAL EDEN BY NICOLE WILLIAMS


ETERNAL EDEN TRILOGY
VOL 1


Synopsis
College sophomore Bryn Dawson is a self-proclaimed poster child for normal. However, the day William Hayward enters her life, normalcy is the last thing Bryn will be able to count on if she wants to be with him. Too mysterious and appealing to be good for a girl, Bryn feels drawn to him in a way that seems out of her control—as if fate is orchestrating it.

Despite every red flag and warning siren going off in her head telling her not to, Bryn falls hard for William, knowing he’s categorically different from anyone she’s ever met. She never imagined how right she was.
When William takes her deeper into the rabbit hole of his world, Bryn must decide just how much she is willing to sacrifice to be with him, knowing no matter what, fate always finds a way to have the last laugh.

Spinning a new twist on star-crossed lovers, Eternal Eden will put Bryn through a gauntlet of turmoil, challenging her to find the power within herself to become the heroine in her own story.

Summary:
Bryn arrives at the university willing to forget her tragic past. She immersed herself in work and does not want to make waves. That was before she met William. The gorgeous young man can not leave her alone.

Only in its desire to attract her to the light, he could drive her into a world very different from in which Bryn evolves ...

Reactions:
It's very strange what is happening to me today when I find myself writing my review on this book. Let me explain...

I finished this book about twenty days ago and I remember being taken by the story. I was looking forward to following the characters's adventures, to learn what happened between William and Bryn. I was pleased to spent some time with them.
I also remember browsing on internet, immediately after completing the first opus, to find out when the second volume will be available.

And I have been happy to know that I would not have to wait to learn more about this pair of immortal star-crossed lovers whose relationship seems doomed to be thwarted.

Yet, after only twenty days, I have nothing but positive feelings from this book but I can not remember the details of the story. I broadly remembered the plots by plunging myself in the summary but I can not remember why exactly I was particularly interested in. Amazing, no?

I just know I had a good time and that the story was enjoyable in the moment. The characters are sometimes amusing with a good dose of humor especially in Patrick.
As for the cursed couple, The "Romeo and Juliet" aspect is pretty well led by the author because the reader must wait until the end to receive the deathblow.
But I admit that certain statements of unconditional love are too over the top. I must admit that William is the best at this game: "I was born to love you" or "You haven't been some piece of my life - you've been my life. You will always be my life. "

By cons, if I'm honest, I confess ten days after reading this book I was not really affected by it. Some other ones that I have read so far, left a greater mark on me.

But I would not do justice to this book, nor to my desire to quickly turn the pages during my reading if I finished on a negative note. Maybe I'm just tired after all ... Lol.

In short, a good story which I hope to keep a better memory of in "Fallen Eden."


Sentences

From Bryn: « I believe there's got to be a spark, something big that happens when you meet the one you're suppose to be with so there's no way you can question it. »

From Bryn: « I want to be with one person forever. »

From Bryn: « Nothing like a little adrenaline and the fear of losing your life to make you run like an Olympian. »

From Bryn: « Its passion and strength bloomed in me like an oasis in the Sahara. »


ETERNAL EDEN BY NICOLE WILLIAMS ETERNAL EDEN TRILOGY VOL 1

Traduction du synopsis:
Bryn Dawson est en première année à l'Université et est l'image même d'un enfant normal. Cependant, le jour où William Hayward entre dans sa vie, la normalité est la dernière chose sur laquelle Bryn pourra compter si elle veut être avec lui. Trop mystérieux et séduisant pour être vrai, Bryn se sent pourtant attirée par lui d'une manière qui semble hors de son contrôle, comme si le destin s'en mélait.

Malgré tous les drapeaux rouge et signaux d'alerte en activité dans sa tête, Bryn tombe follement amoureuse de William, sachant qu'il est différent de tous ceux qu'elle ait jamais rencontré. Elle n'a jamais imaginé à quel point elle était dans le vrai. Lorsque William l'emmène plus profondément dans son monde, Bryn doit décider combien elle est prête à sacrifier pour être avec lui, sachant pertinement que le destin trouve toujours un moyen d'avoir le dernier mot.

Par de multiples coups du sort attendant les amants maudits, Eternal Eden mettra Bryn face d'intenses turbulences, la défiant de trouver la force en elle-même pour devenir l'héroïne de sa propre histoire.

Résumé:
Bryn arrive à l'université désireuse d'oublier son passé tragique. Elle se plonge dans le travail et ne souhaite pas faire de vagues. C'était avant de rencontrer William. Le sublime jeune homme ne peut pas la laisser tranquille. Seulement dans sa volonté de l'attirer vers la lumière, il pourrait la conduire dans un univers bien différent de celui dans lequel Bryn évolue...

Impressions:
C'est très étrange ce qui m'arrive aujourd'hui lorsque je me retrouve à écrire mon opinion sur cet ouvrage.

J'ai fini ce livre il y a une vingtaine de jours et je me souviens avoir été prise par l'histoire. J'attendais avec impatience de pouvoir retrouver les personnages pour connaître la suite des aventures entre William et Bryn parce que je passais un bon moment avec eux.

Je me souviens aussi avoir regardé si le deuxième tome était disponible immédiatement après avoir terminé le premier.
Et d'avoir été contente de savoir que j'allais en savoir davantage sur ce couple d'amants immortels maudits dont la destiné semble vouée à être contrariée.

Pourtant, après vingt jours, je n'ai que des sensations positives par rapport à ce livre mais je ne me souviens plus des détails de l'histoire. Je reconnais les grandes lignes en me replongeant dans le résumé mais je ne parviens pas à me remémorer ce qui m'a particulièrement intéressé. Étonnant, non ?
Je sais juste que j'ai passé un bon moment et que l'histoire était plaisante sur l'instant.

Les personnages sont parfois amusants avec une bonne dose d'humour notamment chez Patrick.

Du côté du couple maudits, l'aspect Roméo et Juliette est plutôt bien amené par l'auteur puisque le lecteur doit attendre la fin pour recevoir la coup de grâce.
Mais j'avoue que certaines déclarations d'amour inconditionnelles sont trop cul cul praline. Il faut avouer que William est assez fort dans son genre: « Je suis né pour t'aimer » ou bien « Tu n'es pas juste un morceau de ma vie – Tu es ma vie. Et tu seras toujours ma vie. »

Donc si je suis honnête, j'avoue qu'après vingt jours ce livre ne m'a pas vraiment marqué alors que j'ai d'autres bouquins qui ont laissé une plus grande empreinte sur moi.

Pourtant, je ne ferais pas justice à ce livre, ni à mon désir de tourner les pages rapidement durant ma lecture si je terminais sur une note négative. Peut-être que je suis juste fatiguée après tout...Rires.

Bref, une bonne histoire dont j'espère pouvoir garder un meilleur souvenir dans le tome 2 intitulé « Fallen Eden ».

1 comment:

Blog Archive